Tuesday, July 14, 2009

COUNTDOWN... 0_o


Yes, the big day is drawing nearer and nearer, like a predator closing in on its merciless victim... ooppss... wrong analogy... hahaha... Of course I do not think that marriage is like a monster devouring a merciless me, even though some of those reading this might be nodding their heads fiercely in agreement of that analogy... hahaha... I pray that God will bless the both of you, to renew the love you have for one another, to open your eyes to see each other in a different light, to have the deep revelation of what marriage truly means :D

Well, what can I share with you all? Here I am, trying to stay sane in this moment of blaring insanity. And prepare myself physically, mentally, spiritually, in every thinkable aspect for my wedding day. I try hard not to get upset by those "friends" who called me up to apologise for not being able to make it for my wedding. At least they called, unlike those who didn't bother to reply at all (fancy that huh?). I try hard to get at least 6 hours of sleep daily, so that I will not look haggard and zombie-like on that day. Will I be able to recover from hours and hours of lost sleep over the past many years? Sigh... most probably not. Don't think that I will lose this dark area under my eyes in less than a couple of weeks.

And yes, there are no shortcuts to looking good either, similar to gaining fitness or endurance in sports. But even though logic tells me that it will most probably not completely negate the side effects of prolonged neglect, I still want to give it a try, to at least do something good to my body, to pamper myself, to indulge in expensive things, just for these last few days of preparation.

So what had I done?

1. I went for foot reflexology last Saturday (about US$14).

2. I drank Chinese herbal soup last Sunday (about US$18).

3. I slept for 6 hours on Sunday, as well as on Monday. Today I'll be sleeping for 7 hours.

4. And of course, I am still training: running, push-ups, sit-ups...


Is it so important to look good? Well, it is definitely not the utmost importance, since THAT is not the reason why I am getting married! But then again, I wouldn't want to disappoint our guests that are coming just to see us get married, some from hundreds of miles away. By looking half dead, it might seemed as if I was forced to get married!!! Or didn't have the time to get married or get prepared for the wedding!!! Hahahaha... I'm sure you know what I mean :)

Alright then, it's time for me to go to bed. Yes, I HAVE TO discipline myself to do that, since I have the inclination to stay up late. Thanks for reading this, and have a terrific Tuesday!


3 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

LOL, excuse my ignorance, but what does drinking Chinese herbal soup have to do with getting married? And don't forget to get your haircut!

Let me know when the big day is!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:35:00 AM  
Blogger Angeline Choo said...

all the best! :D

Thursday, July 16, 2009 1:53:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

ROFL... Ron, basically, nothing at all... just thought that since Chinese herbs are rejuvenating and healing, taking it might just help me look better than before, not tired and haggard! Yeah, got my hair cut yesterday. Didn't turn out that great though... dang! If you refer to my previous posts below, I think I mentioned when's my BIG DAY there :)

Thanks Angie :)

Sunday, July 19, 2009 9:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home